MODEL 1 is a performance instrument providing new creative possibilities to artists, and empowering them to PLAYdifferently.
A mixer of uncompromising build quality, intuitive tactile controls and beautifully warm analog circuitry, MODEL 1 is engineered by Andy Rigby-Jones and co-designed by Richie Hawtin, with two years of testing, insight and refinement with artists, clubs and engineersfrom across the electronic music community.
MODEL 1 has a unique offering of six fully featured input channels plus two stereo returns in a small format frame. It has many features not currently available on any comparable device, such as Input pre-amplifier drive control, hybrid filter/swept bell EQ, dual cue system, dual mixer linking system, and a fully balanced Tascam DB25 connector system.
MODEL 1 is a purely analogue mixer featuring technology normally found in the finest studio consoles, such as a fully balanced mix buss, zero crossing detection for seamless filter & master EQ routing along high voltage differential power rails.
This is a fully analog mixer, built in the UK, and it has an impressive feature set. Here’s an overview of the most notable:
- 6 stereo channels
- Contour filters: Individual low Q LPF and HPF for each channel, “designed not to add colour to the sound as they are swept across their frequency range. Due to the low Q , these filters only cut, they do not boost”
- Master Filter: this is a filter that’s separate from any individual channels – you can assign any of them to it – similar to other Xone mixers
- 2 stereo sends + returns: each with an assignable filter and low cut, they also can be assigned to the mixer filter.
- Two Cues: Specifically designed for two DJs to use this mixer concurrently, there are two separate cue systems for previewing audio
- Sculpt EQ: “a semi-parametric swept bell filter, and consist of two controls, FREQ which sets the centre frequency and CUT/BOOST which adjust the gain or attenuation at this frequency. The level of cut/boost is asymmetric; maximum boost is limited to +8dB, while the cut is extended to -20dB. Sculpt has a wide Q and a frequency range that covers almost seven octaves.”
- Master EQ: an overall EQ that effects the master output
- Booth Out EQ: a two-band EQ that allows adjusting of the booth output
- Drive Control: Every input on the mixer has a Drive knob, which allows you to adjust “the level at which the channel pre-amplifier clips the input signal, thus creating harmonic distortion as an effect”.
£2550 worldwide shipping included (plus applicable sales taxes/duties)
**Prices not including taxes. (OUCH!)
If you would like to learn from scratch or improve on already existing skills enrol on a DJ course now and learn to DJ with specialist one-to-one tuition! All our graduates get the chance to play several gigs all around London and beyond, this year we have even organised a week long of Ibiza with several students playing in all the top clubs including Sankeys and Amnesia, alongside boat parties with Pukka Up, pool & beach parties as well as rocking our regular slots in Egg, Ministry of Sound, McQueen, Lightbox and MORE!
To get involved simply head over to our contact section or send us an email to: email@example.com